Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Poll Results

The poll results are in. Here they are:

Caption: 2 (22%)
Writing/Poetry: 6 (66%)--WINNER!
Followers: 0 (0%)
Random Raffle: 1 (11%)

The writing/poetry contest is the winner! The caption contest and raffle were a close second and third, and no one voted for the followers option. So, we are doing a writing/poetry contest. The assignment is this: write a short story or a poem about Akire meeting Healer Dawkins (the roaming healer who visited Lloches sometimes, and whose apprentice Akire aspired to be) for the first time. Here are some rules/details to help you:

‣ To enter your submission, either post it under here, or send it to my email (erika_purdy@my.ethelwalker.org).
‣ Your entry cannot be more than 500 words long.
‣ Akire was 7 when Healer Dawkins first visited Lloches.
‣ No copying others!
‣ Things I am looking for: good spelling/grammar, good character representations (Akire-wonderstruck, Healer Dawkins-kind, Ryda-doubtful, Xerin-encouraging, Athan-bored), attention grabbing (for stories, this means a good plot line, for poems, description and detail), foreshadowing (ex: Ryda shooing Akire away from Dawkins a little too quickly, Dawkins asking Akire if she wants to be a Healer, Athan wandering off after Emilie, etc)
‣ No outrageous stuff! (wraith attacks, etc)
‣ But, be creative!
‣ Have fun!!!

I would also like to do a caption contest sometime in the future (maybe as a Part Three thing?)

1 comment:

Hello, and welcome to my story blog! Have fun, but please keep a few things in mind while you are writing a comment.

-use constructive criticism, don't be mean
-no swearing/cussing/bad language
-be honest!

Thank you :)

About Me

My photo
I am an energetic, fun loving girl who enjoys reading, running, and hanging out with my Blogger and real life buddies. I am a fledgling writer (mainly because I suffer from a critical condition of writer's block), who's favorite genres to write are fantasy, sci-fi, and sometimes historical fiction. I also am a BIG daydreamer, and can often be found by a window, fantasizing about a story that I have seen or read. I am also a huge quotist, meaning that I randomly shout out lines from shows and movies that most people haven't seen. Names I have copyrighted are: Akire, Kayana, Azza, Stella, Zyll(ah), Ayla, Kirwan, Jetstorm, Burnfang, and Flickerclaw.