Sunday, December 19, 2010

Part Two Intro: Flashforward

(Some teasers [small scenes designed to get an audience excited about something] for you!)

☆☆☆☆☆

Her breath came fast and quick. She could see nothing in the enveloping black, and her mind flashed back to a time a year ago, when she had run like she ran now. But then she had run for her life. Now, she was running for another's.

☆☆☆☆☆

She laughed lightly. The woman sitting opposite her smiled, the gesture lighting up her hazel eyes.
"So, tell me about this place," she said, more seriously.
"Ah, but that would be giving away the surprise," the woman said, leaning back in her chair and brushing the dark red hair out of her eyes. "You must see it for yourself."
"But, the IOA--"
"I will make arrangements," the other woman interjected.
"Really?"
"It's a promise."

☆☆☆☆☆

Her fingertips traced the thin, yellowed pages. The writing on them was a variety of different styles, from all-caps, to thin and spidery, to, at the very bottom of the page, sturdy and clear. She stroked these last few words, reading the three names over and over again.
The name Xerin Flickerclaw was printed, with two horizontal lines drawn to another name, Ryda Arbed. From this, a single line traced down to the bottom of the page. There her name, Akire Flickerclaw, was printed, along with the horizontal lines next to it. She turned to the man sitting next to her. His dark eyes watched her, and he did not speak because he knew there was no possible way to comfort her.
"There was a time when I thought, one day, I would print his name next to mine," she said softly. "But now I know that it is too much to hope for."
There was no response, but he put his arms around her. She leaned into him, her violet eyes darkly gleaming with tears. She leaned her head on his shoulder, and he kissed the top of her head softly. Together, they stared out at the lights of the city below.

☆☆☆☆☆

(Depressing, but real. We can't all go around wearing happy smiles all day, can we?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and welcome to my story blog! Have fun, but please keep a few things in mind while you are writing a comment.

-use constructive criticism, don't be mean
-no swearing/cussing/bad language
-be honest!

Thank you :)

About Me

My photo
I am an energetic, fun loving girl who enjoys reading, running, and hanging out with my Blogger and real life buddies. I am a fledgling writer (mainly because I suffer from a critical condition of writer's block), who's favorite genres to write are fantasy, sci-fi, and sometimes historical fiction. I also am a BIG daydreamer, and can often be found by a window, fantasizing about a story that I have seen or read. I am also a huge quotist, meaning that I randomly shout out lines from shows and movies that most people haven't seen. Names I have copyrighted are: Akire, Kayana, Azza, Stella, Zyll(ah), Ayla, Kirwan, Jetstorm, Burnfang, and Flickerclaw.