Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chapter 1: In Her Words

{Excerpt of a transcript of a recording by Akire Zyll Flickerclaw regarding her years on the planet Lewil.}

[...]

We lived in a village called Lloches, that...I...probably mentioned before, but I digress. Do you like my use of words? McKay taught it to me. Actually, he does a lot of digressing. But, anyways, [rustling noises], Lloches was kind of small, which my parents liked. My parents used to be servants in a castle on the planet of Tiroulau, or at least that's what they told me.
When I was younger I used to love running through the cornstalks, lying down and imagining that I was the only one in the world. But then my father Xerin would come looking for me, swing me up into his arms, and carry me back to the house.
Father worked on the farm, and produced everything from corn to pumpkins. He also kept several chickens, the sweetest of which was named Buttercup. The rooster, on the other hand, was a menace. He owned the yard, and would strut around pecking at everything in his way. I would help out occasionally on the farm, but most of my time was spent with my mother, Ryda.
Ryda was a weaving, knitting, sewing machine. All our clothes were made by her, as well as many of the village. Whenever I walked in the door, there she would be, a needle for thread or yarn in her hand, smiling at me. Every--[voice breaks]

I'm sorry [sniff]

[sigh] OK.

Every night, the three of us would gather around the fire and tell stories about our day to one another. My father would sit back in his chair, smoke his pipe and sometimes interject a thought or idea, or burst into laughter. My mother would knit away and smile as I told of a dandelion that had blown itself away, or a raven that had pecked at my dress as I lay in the fields.
My primary companion through these years was a boy named Athan, who was older than me by one year, two months, and seven days, as he constantly reminded me. His mother was Ryda's best friend. Athan and I would search the brooks for fish and the woods for monsters, pretending that we were great explorers on a quest to save our planet. How I wish he could see what I am doing now, for he would be amazed that our childish games turned into an actual career, at least for myself.

[...]

{More follows this transcript, but this excerpt provides sufficient evidence enough to determine the home planet, parents, and friends of Akire Zyll Flickerclaw. This will be taken into consideration in our investigation of her kidnapping.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and welcome to my story blog! Have fun, but please keep a few things in mind while you are writing a comment.

-use constructive criticism, don't be mean
-no swearing/cussing/bad language
-be honest!

Thank you :)

About Me

My photo
I am an energetic, fun loving girl who enjoys reading, running, and hanging out with my Blogger and real life buddies. I am a fledgling writer (mainly because I suffer from a critical condition of writer's block), who's favorite genres to write are fantasy, sci-fi, and sometimes historical fiction. I also am a BIG daydreamer, and can often be found by a window, fantasizing about a story that I have seen or read. I am also a huge quotist, meaning that I randomly shout out lines from shows and movies that most people haven't seen. Names I have copyrighted are: Akire, Kayana, Azza, Stella, Zyll(ah), Ayla, Kirwan, Jetstorm, Burnfang, and Flickerclaw.